Busker thanks Ed Sheeran for apologising for Facebook ban

A busker who was banned from Facebook for
posting an Ed Sheeran cover says she was
shocked to receive an apology from the singer
himself.
The star posted on Charlotte Campbell's page
saying it had nothing to do with him.
It's after the 27-year-old had put a short teaser
of her full cover video on her Facebook page, and
was then blocked for three days.
Sheeran urged her to keep it up, saying he loves
seeing people cover his work.
Charlotte Campbell visited Newsbeat to tell us
what exactly happened.
"I was a bit thrown back by it all because I didn't
know that I was doing anything wrong".
Anyone who has tried to upload a commercial
music video to Facebook will know the site
doesn't like it, you get an alert saying it's not
allowed.
You can only post content to Facebook if it
"doesn't violate intellectual property rights of
someone else".
The best way to make sure your posts don't do
this, is to only post content you've created
yourself.
Charlotte was told she'd be banned completely
and her account would be closed if she did it
again.
The busker's Facebook page has over 13,000
followers, and she tells Newsbeat she was scared
of losing them during her ban.
"I made a video to say that I was upset by it, and
for a small artist like me, it was actually quite
detrimental to what I was trying to do to promote
my music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to play WWTBAM home quiz

How to improve your feminine looks

Fashion designers vs tailors